The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium.We thank you for your interest in IITA and invite you to explore many exciting and diverse career opportunities in a work environment that enables you to be the best you can, advancing your professional and personal growth in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
Join a vibrant team that is committed to facilitating agricultural solutions for hunger, poverty, and natural resource degradation throughout the tropics. IITA is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is given to qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national/ethnic origin or social status.
Please view the current job opening below.
Job Position: 1yr Renewable Research Associate Offer (Contract)
• Update the Food, Recipes, and Ingredients List (FRIL) with recently collected
standard recipes data from 6 geopolitical zones;
• Support the development of a database on portion size conversion factors that will
translate the estimated quantity of foods/beverages/mixed dishes consumed to their
gram weight equivalent;
• Contribute to activities for the development of detailed pre-survey field protocols (i.e.
standard operating procedures for the development of standard recipes, collection of
conversion factors and pre-testing of portion size estimation methods;
• Participate in pre-survey training workshops for field workers (i.e., training field
workers to facilitate group discussions, and on methods for the collection of standard
recipes, market surveys and pre-testing PSEM);
• Contribute to the development of Survey tools and Standard Operating Procedures
for the Interactive 24-hour dietary recall Assist in the conduct of the pilot study and
debriefing meeting during the National Food Consumption and Micronutrient
• Participate in social mobilization and sensitization of communities for the conduct of
the National Food Consumption and Micronutrient Survey;
• Populate the Food Composition Table, Recipes, Portion conversion factors and Tags
worksheets of the INDDEX24 Template with relevant data;
• Prepare report on training workshops, meetings and other related NFCMS activities
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
MSc in Nutrition, Food Science/Technology, Public Health or related discipline with
minimum of five (5) years’ related experience and ten (10) years’ working experience for BSc holders.
Application Timeframe: Date Posted: 12th May 2020 – Closing Date: 26th May 2020
IITA offers an highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://jobs.iita.org/erecruit no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication.
You can also click here to fill the form directly http://jobs.iita.org/eRecruit/RecApplication/Create?vid=2654
The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse
Note: While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.