President Mohammadu Buhari has announced the appointment of a new chairperson of the Federal Character commission, and she’s no other person but Dr. (Mrs) Muheeba Farida Dankaka
Here are 8 things you may want to know about her.
- State of Origin: She’s from Offa town of Kwara State, North Central Nigeria.
2. Educational Background: She’s a graduate of the Kaduna Polytechnic and Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.
3. Career: She’s a Kaduna based successful business woman who is into Construction and Consumer products business and the CEO of Farida Business Ventures Kaduna.
4. Past Leadership Role: She was the immediate past President of Kaduna Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (KADCCIMA). Read more here.
5. Political Affiliation: She was a member of Gov. Abdul-Rasaq of Kwara State APC government transition committee in 2019.
6. Award & Honour: On 28 November, 2019, President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR conferred on her the National Productivity Order of Merit Award of the order of the Niger (OON) in recognition of her contributions to the Nigerian Economy as an Entrepreneur per excellence. She’s also the Erelu of Offa land.
7. Race to FCC seat: She was nominated as the Chairman or Chairperson of the Federal Character Commission along with 37 others, in a long list submitted to the Senate for confirmation. Other names submitted along are;
Henry Ogbulogo, Abia; Salihu Bello, Adamawa; Obonganwan Deborah Daniel, Akwa-Ibom; Ibeabuchi Uche, Anambra; Mohammed Tijjani, Bauchi; Tonye Okio, Bayelsa; Silas Mfa Macikpah, Benue; Abba Ali Monguno, Borno; Nsor Atamgba, Cross River; and Alims Agoda,.
Others are Tobias Chukuemeka, Ebonyi; Imuetinyan Festus, Edo; Sesan Fatoba; Ginika Florence, Enugu; Hamza Mohammed, Gombe; Diogu Uche, Imo; Lawan Ya’u Roni, Jigawa; Hadiza Usman Muazu, Kaduna; Mohammed Awwal Na’iya, Kano; Lawal Garba, Katsina; Abubakar Atiku Bunu, Kebbi; Idris Eneye Bello, Kogi; Daniel James Kolo, Kwara; Are Miftah Bolaji, Lagos; Nasir Isa Kwarra, Nasarawa; and Suleiman Barau, Niger.
8. Family: Hajia Muheeba Farida Dankaka as she’s formally called is happily married with kids.