As the additional two weeks of the Corona Virus lockdown extension period lapses tonight, 30th April 2020 in Osun State Nigeria, the State Governor, Alhaji Adegboyega Oyetola has relayed new directives, in a statewide radio broadcast.
The Summary of the Updated Information are as follows;
- The additional two weeks lockdown period earlier extended has been terminated and reviewed, with an extension of an additional three days from Friday 1st of May to Sunday May 3rd.
2. Working activities resume on Monday 4th of may.. Usually from Monday to Thur in what is called a Partial lockdown.
3. Workings and movement are allowed only between the hours of 6am – 5pm on Monday to Thur, as curfew starts from by 6pm and ends 6am the next day.
4. All Religious, Social, Political and Educational ban remained.
5. No Vehicular or people’s movement in the state on Fridays till Sundays weekly (Full Lockdown)
6. There shall be not more than 10 people in any supermarkets.
7. No vehicle will be allowed to leave the state or come in except those carrying essential items even during partial lockdown.
8. All commercial Taxis in the state shouldn’t carry more than 3 people, as one person is allowed to sit on a roll.
9. Okada riders should only carry 1 person.
10. Keke napep or tricycle operators are limited to carrying just two people, and no one at the front.
11. All works hours are only limited to Mon to Thur for drivers, and for everyone in the state except those in essential services.
12. No one should move about without nose masks, and social distancing should be maintained at all places.
13. The state has recorded two Corona virus deaths in the last 14days, one with underlying condition of Tuberculosis and another from Ibadan who sneaked into the state.
14. So far, the state had recorded 32 cases and 18 have been discharged, while there are still 14 active cases including two health workers at the various isolation centres in the state. Read more details here.
15. All the Osun State Citizens are enjoined to abide by the stipulated laws, as erring members of the public found wanting will be seriously dealt with.