After a long expected move by concerned bodies in Osun State about the unavailability of enough competent teachers in the state schools – the state government under the leadership of the governor Chief Adegboyega Oyetola and Honourable Commissioner for Education, Hon. Folorunsho Oladoyin has found it necessary to flag up 2020 teachers recruitment exercise. The last time such happened was almost a decade ago. But as with most recruitment exercises, it is important for one to get acquainted with basic information that will ease one’s application process.. So, here are 5 important things to note.
- Who can apply for this Osun teachers recruitment exercise? Well, all qualified Graduates with degrees and certificates in Education from these broad disciplines; English Language, Mathematics, Science Subjects, Social Science subjects and Humanities (Art Subjects). So, if you know anyone, who is fit for this, hurry up and inform them now. Such opportunity comes once in a decade.
- What are the basic requirements expected of Applicants? Like I wrote above, it’s basically for people with education background or those with additional Post graduate diploma in Education Certificate (PGDE). But below are key requirements.
- WASCE/NECO/NABTEB at not more than two sittings.
- GRADE II Teachers Certificate
- NCE Teachers Certificate
- Degrees in Education or Basic Degrees with additional PGDE certificate. Bsc + PGDE or HND + PGDE.
- Teachers Training Certificate (TRCN) will be an edge.
Other basic Requirements are
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Functional Email address and mobile phone number.
- Birth Certificate or sworn Affidavit.
- Local Government Origin Attestation.
- Attestation letters from two Referees one of which must be from Higher institutions attended.
- Means of identification from either of the following; National Identity Card, Voters Card, International Passport or Driver’s license.
3. How to Apply: The Application process is purely online on Osun Ministry of Education Website, even though E – recruitment PIN must be purchased at designated centres across the state. After which a CBT Screening Exercise to be conducted by JAMB will follow and successful applicants will go through further interviewing processes.
4. How much is the form? The PIN generated costs N3,000 from designated centres and Osun State ministry of Education Oshogbo. This PIN generated will then be used to initiate a registration login process on Osun State website here.
5. Where can one get the form through PINs? According to Mr. Jamiu Olawunmi, the S.A to the Governor on Education in a communique released on Sat. March 7th, the PINs are available in 5 different centres in the state. Namely; Ministry of Education Oshogbo, Unity Bank PLC Ogo-Oluwa Oshogbo, Osun West Senatorial Education district Office Ikire, Osun Central Educational district Office Ikirun and Osun East Educational District Office, Oduduwa College Ile-Ife all in Osun State.
Goodluck to all the lucky new State teachers to be.